hope you had a nice and fun week-end!
Mine was pretty “relaxing” to say the least…
How is it possible to be (almost) bored in Paris? I know shame on me… Let just say that now that J was offer a new job and have to work on most week-ends those aren’t the same anymore.
We don’t have a lot of friends here, so i stayed cosily at home trying to do some fun stuff like reading, watching some tvshow, napping, blogging and it is pretty much it!
I will probably try to find some activities like dance or kickboxing class, acting lessons or even go to the swimming pool next week-end, you know, trying to keep it right :)
I’ve listed my Up’s during that week-end :
* The new Gorgeous fashion blog i’ve discover (thanks to the modern.antoinette!) is Ring My Bell
The blog of the actress Ashley Madekwe. It is a day to day style blog and i have to admit, even if i’m not big on modern haute couture fashion, this girl have a strong sens of style.
Speaking of Inspiring, I heard about ‘Start something that matters‘ for the first time this week-end (thanks to Life is Sweet!)
And that cheer me up for a while. I love the idea! If you don’t know it yet, here is a quick introduction :
“Love your work, work for what you love, and change the world—all at the same time.
What matters most to you? Should you focus on earning a living, pursuing your passions, or devoting yourself to the causes that inspire you? The surprising truth is that you don’t have to choose—and that you’ll find more success if you don’t. That’s the breakthrough message of TOMS’ One for One movement. You don’t have to be rich to give back and you don’t have to retire to spend every day doing what you love. You can find profit, passion, and meaning all at once—right now.
In Start Something That Matters, Blake Mycoskie tells the story of TOMS, one of the fastest-growing shoe companies in the world, and combines it with lessons learned from such other innovative organizations as method, charity: water, FEED Projects, and TerraCycle. Blake presents the six simple keys for creating or transforming your own life and business, from discovering your core story to being resourceful without resources; from overcoming fear and doubt to incorporating giving into every aspect of your life. No matter what kind of change you’re considering, Start Something That Matters gives you the stories, ideas, and practical tips that can help you get started.
Why This Book Is For You
- You’re ready to make a difference in the world—through your own start-up business, a nonprofit organization, or a new project that you create within your current job.
- You want to love your work, work for what you love, and have a positive impact on the world—all at the same time.
- You’re inspired by charity: water, method, and FEED Projects and want to learn how these organizations got their start.
- You’re curious about how someone who never made a pair of shoes, attended fashion school, or worked in retail created one of the fastest-growing footwear companies in the world by giving shoes away.
- You’re looking for a new model of success to share with your children, students, co-workers, and members of your community.”
I will definitely buy this book!
I can’t wait for J’s coming back from work. We have plan a little date tonight, so i probably have to get out my pj’s now :)